Battery Size

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Battery Size
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:43:50 -0500 (EST)
Listers,
       Thanks to whomever posted the Interstate battery size MT 26. The
battery slid right into the frame.  I had tried it with an Excide and it
wouldn't go in, probably cause of the ears on the sides.  Got a 50 month for
$40.oo from the local distributor.  Didn't know my 73 could crank over that
quickly.  Even with two freshly charged six volts it never cranked this well.
       One question to a problem I've had in the past and seems to be with me
still.  After installing the new battery the starter went click....I get out
and pulled the white wire off the selanoid and then reattach it.  The car
starts.  It has done this in the past and I have cleaned both ends of the
connection.  It will start fine for two dozen times and then do  it again .
 I can now reach under there blind folded and find the wire.  Any suggestions
or should I take my act on the road?

                               Thanks
                                Bill in Colorado   73 BGT
ps Going to take the new battery for a 100 mile ride today,