Re: Electric Fuelpumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Fuelpumps
From: Blair Engle <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:57:16 -0500 (EST)

>Hi all...
>
>I have a warning for you guys who carry a spare fuel pump, "Just in case."
 The points on fuel pumps that are not used tend to rust.  Iron oxide is a
good insulator and the pumps will not work.  I have had new pumps on the
shelf for about a year, and found I had to clean the points before the pump
will work.  Perhaps if the pump is stored in an air tight bag with some
desicant (sp.) in it, the problem will be eliminated.