Re: steering wheel

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: steering wheel
From: glen.christian@juno.com (glen christian)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 14:52:47 EST
howdy back folks,
        i've got a job i've been wanting to do for the longest. the
steering wheel on my '66 midget is in desparate need of refurbishing.
it's basically sound. it has a few big cracks in the outer plastic rim,
and the plastic is pretty sun beat (i drive with my top off a lot :) ).
what i was planning to do was first of all fill in the cracks with
something like j.b. weld putty epoxy. then strip all the old paint off
the metal hub and prime and repaint it with semi-gloss black. a few
questions: what is the best paint to use for the metal (i believe it is
aluminum) hub, and what can i do to refinish the plastic rim once i patch
it. i do plan on covering it with a leather wheel cover, but i still want
it to be nice under that.

Glen Christian
Mechanical Engineer Graduate in search of Work
glen.christian@juno.com