Re: The low down on some cars for sale

To: MICHAEL J ROBSON <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: The low down on some cars for sale
From: moody <moody@octonline.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:12:09 -0800
MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

> > One listing intrigued me, its a 1979 MG PUMA, described as a "GT
> CONVERTIBLE" it puports to be a Brazilian made car with a VW engine. I
> imagine its some sort of replicar - but of what? - anyone any idea what
> this is? I do remember seeing some"odd "cars when i was in Brazil once
> but dont recall anything like this.
>
> mike robson
> 69 roadster
> 70 BGT
> 72 roadsterDear Mike;

A Puma is a Brazilian sports car that was exported to Canada as well as
the US in the latesixties and early 70's. Thet are a fiberglass body with
a VW or Porche engine. They look a litle like a Porche 908. A friend of
mine still has one which he will restore one of these days. They are
factory built, not a kit car but production was limited.
Having never heard or seen one of those how many readers remember the
Manic GT built in Granby Que 1969 to 1971.