FW: Help me quit smoking

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Help me quit smoking
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:14:06 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:  Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i   Non-member
submission from [rgfox@loc201.tandem.com (fox_robert)]]

     Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 12:10:27 PST
     From: rgfox@loc201.tandem.com (fox_robert)
     Subject: Help me quit smoking

Hello everyone,

I finally got my '67 Sprite running smooth enough to drive. Now I find that
it smokes pretty good and there is an oil residue inside the tail pipe.
The compesssion seems good (~130 in all four cylinders). If oil is
being burned are there possibilities other than valves, rings or head gasket?
Is there anything I can look for before taking the engine apart?
Are there any places I can look for a complete description of this kind of
fault diagnosis?

Thanks,

Bob Fox
fox_robert@tandem.com