re: body filler

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: body filler
From: culgandm@sterlingdi.com (David M Culgan)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 15:30:19 EST
joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com wrote:
>Subject: Rustproofing floors
(Misc. questions)
>3)  If I encounter any holes, what is the best way to deal with them? I've
>seen
>some fillers that have metal in them.  Are they any better than Bondo?

Hey! One I can answer! Yes body fillers that utilise aluminum fillers are
better than those with polyester fillers like Bondo for the same reason
that DOT 5 brake fluid is better than...alright I won't start that thread
again! :) :)

Seriously, polyester absorbs moisture, or so I've read. I used an aluminium
filled filler on my MGB project (only where necessary :) 12 years ago and
am satisfied with the results. Try an auto-body supply store if you have
trouble finding it.

Dave Culgan
66 MGB , etc.