Chanute "Chute-Out" All British Event: May 17th and 18th, Chanute, KS

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, MGs List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Chanute "Chute-Out" All British Event: May 17th and 18th, Chanute, KS
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:42:29 +0000
Spring is here. It's time to figure out your travel plans for the
upcoming season. If your state borders Kansas, especially on the east
side, you might consider going to the Chanute "Chute-Out." You need to
make it there the evening of Friday, May 16th and you can aim it back to
the barn by Sunday, noon, on the 18th.

I've gone for a couple of years and it has always been the most fun,
most low key, of any of the events I've been on. I believe there were a
couple of times that I may have witnessed adult beverages being
consumed. It is a half/half driving event and car show. No awards for
being pretty but certificates for being fast. I have a URL that explains
Chanute, has a write-up from last year's newsletter, and a sign-up sheet
for this year. Check out:

http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/stories/chanute.html

Neither myself nor my club has any affiliation with this event. But it
is a fun show and I like the organizer, Steve Fickel.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

--
*** STANDARD DISCLAIMER
*** Please assume all lines end with smiley face emoticon :-)