Re: Armstrong shock rebuild

To: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Armstrong shock rebuild
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 05:50:02
At 02:39 PM 3/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
>At 03:07 PM 3/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I posted a message a few days ago, and haven't seen any responses, so I'll
>>try again. I'm feeling adventurous, and would like to investigate
>>rebuilding a pair of Armstrong front shocks for my B rdstr. Does anyone
>>know of a place where I can obtain a rebuild kit for it? They must be
>>available some where. Perhaps some of our LBC brethren across the pond can
>>help. TIA
>>
>>Sam Staton
>>73 Rdstr
>>
>In my opinion, it's easier to leave that to the pros and just buy a new
>pair. The amount of time you save by not doing it yourself will outweigh
>the cost. New shocks don't cost that much.
>The same goes for brake masters and clutch masters. I tried to rebuild a
>clutch master once and had nothing but headaches, not to mention a leaky
>master cylinder. I broke down and paid about $70.00 for a new one and
>bolted it on. It is working fine. Much better than if I had done it myself!
>
>Craig Wiper
>craigw@sonic.net
>http://www.sonic.net/~craigw

Craig,

It is true that it is often easier and some say safer to be a new or
rebuilt part, but there are those of us who love the challenge of
rebuilding the part ourselves.  It is a part of the mystique and attraction
of the MG for me and I believe for others too.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca