SPAX adjustable shocks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SPAX adjustable shocks
From: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@odin.cbu.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 02:09:38 -0600
I replaced these my rear lever shocks with a set of the SPAX rear tube
shocks about 4 months ago.  After 1000 miles they are holding up quite
well, and the ride is very good.  No ill manners to report.  I also like
the adjuster in the back which allows me to add extra weight in my truck
with little penalty in ride.  One good quality I'd like to report:  My
car's rear end used to hop while I was taking turns and my rear end went
over rough potholes or bumps.  This also happened in my '78 B.  After
replacing these shocks with the tube shocks, the turning is quite a bit
smoother.  I don't know if this has to do with the fact the rear is a live
axle or not, but the ride was certainly better.  Now time for the front
end.  And she should handle great.

Any questions, complaints, flames.  Please feel free.

Jay