Dash coverlay adhesive ?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dash coverlay adhesive ?
From: "B. Glass" <71brgmgb@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:59:29 -0800
Hey Listers,

I bought from a friend a dash coverlay, mine has several minor cracks
and this should help its looks.  His was so bad that he replaced the
complete face, foam and all (bigger job than I want to do).  The problem
is that I have no instructions. I have rigged a system of spring clamps
and broomsticks cut to length to hold it in place until the adhesive
dries.
The question is what kind of adhesive to use. One thought is to use an
epoxy , but with the heating cooling cycle expanding and contracting the
epoxy might crack and fail. Would RTV silicone be a better choice since
this would be more flexible. I have given the dash a thourgh cleaning to
remove any Armorall or oils.

Thanks in advance..

Barry Glass
Dallas  71MGB