Getting an MGA started

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Getting an MGA started
From: gaughan@highway1.com (Bob Gaughan)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 19:40:05 -0500
I'm kicking myself.  Wasn't there a great thread a couple of weeks ago
about getting an engine started?  It went thru step-by-step what to do.
I'm in the situation where I just bought a '61 MGA that was running a
couple of weeks ago and it was then shipped to me.  I turn on the
ignition, I hear the fuel pump, I pull out the choke, I pull the
starter, the engine turns over repeatedly, I smell gas, but no start,
not even a sputter.  My son used a test light to determine that there is
current to the coil, but later when a I held the spark plug cover a
couple inches away from the plug-- no spark.

What should I do now?  How do I verify that there is juice coming from
the coil to the distributor, etc.?

Can anyone point me to that thread I referred to?

Seperate question-  I need to install seat belts-what's the drill?

Thanks, Bob Gaughan