mgb motor mounts

To: cdelling@ic.net
Subject: mgb motor mounts
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:05:12 -0500 (EST)
Chris!  I have replaced the motor mounts in my '78 B without removing the
steering gear. It was possible on my car to slide an open end 5/8" (I
think...it's been a few years!) wrench into the housing from the bottom side
and next to the steering shaft in order to make VERY short turns of the nut
until it was possible to actually turn the mount itself. As per any repair
manual, reassembly is in reverse order.  :-)   I would recommend replacing
both mounts while you are at it, as the rubber may be weak even though it
appears intact. Motor mounts are cheap. You may also want to reinforce the
angle mounts on the engine by bending 3 or 4 washers to a 90 degree angle and
welding them to the inside curve. The inevitable crack of doom will probably
not have a chance to develop with this reinforcment! Remember to  leave
enough room for your bolt heads.

Good luck with your upgrade!

rick ingram - NAMGBR #0-134