Midget K series conversion. How much?

To: mg <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget K series conversion. How much?
From: Eric Bartels <bartels@maths.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:56:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

I have thought a lot about the future about my little Midget.
I will probably completely rebuild it as a spare time project over the
next couple of years - perhaps even with a new bodyshell though it
doesn't really need it.
In connection with that I was thinking what modifications I would like to
do to the engine. Originality is not really a main concern here - I 'll
probably will buy an 1939 Midget anyway some point in the future. The
Midget shall just stay my fun car.
I was thinking about either getting a Stage 2 modification engine, or a
big bore 1380 Mini Mania A series, or installing a turbo or supercharger.
Checking Mini Manias excellent homepage I found the prices for the 1380
engine and blowers somewhat prohibitive and I was wondering how much the
much talked about K series engine conversion costs?
I have heard that the engine is much lighter then the A series and since
I was designed with higher power output in mind, it might be more
reliable and longer lasting then a modified engine.

So does anybody know how much this conversion is?  Or for that matter, how
much the MLG 100 / 200 (completely new cars built new Midget bodyshells,
the K series 1400 / 1800 engines, 5 speed gearbox, propper suspension,
uprated brakes etc) which are build by the Morris Lane Garage (hence the
name) are new ?

thanks,

Eric