Re: Fuel out of vent tube

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: Fuel out of vent tube
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 08 Apr 97 16:03:54 PDT
Here's something that everyone is overlooking.  The Grose Jet idea
and dirt clogging the needle and seat are possibilities, but there
may be a more insidious problem.

My GT V-8 uses HIF6 carbs, which use the same floats as the HIF4 used
on the 4 cylinder B.  A while back I had a problem with fuel leakage
out the vent tubes (no carbon canister on the UK spec V-8).  I
removed and disassembled the float chambers and found one of the
plastic floats was partially full of gasoline.  This caused that
float chamber to overflow out the vent tube.

I have put in new floats, but I am worried that the new "oxygenated"
fuel may be incompatible with the plastic that SU uses for their
floats.  We should all keep our eye out for floats that fill up with
gas, and see if we note a pattern emerging.

Cheers, PK

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162