Re: H and O2 generator...emissions/mileage

To: "G.J." <johnsong@is2.dal.ca>
Subject: Re: H and O2 generator...emissions/mileage
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Greg!!

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, G.J. wrote:

> Sounds good, but a little to much for my pocketbook (~$1300 CA)!

Hmmm, I wonder how long the payback on this system would be??  Lets see
now, my "B" gets about 30 mpg, mixed city/hwy driving, and gas here in
God's country is about $2.50/gallon, and I put on about 15,00 miles
per year...  $1300 would buy you about 520 gallons, which would give you
about 15,600 miles of driving.

So, if the h2, o2 system DOUBLED your milage (from 30 to 60
miles/gallon), the payback period would be about two years... but if it
gave you a 5% increase, the payback period would be close to 40 years.

Any of you closet math majors out there feel free to whail on my
methodology.

BTW Greg, you MUST know either a chem freak, or an engineer, that you
can get to show you where the snake oil has been applied.  The ONLY
time you EVER get close to getting something for nothing in the physical
world is when you start dealing with catalysts, and their reactions.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen