Re: Pertronix Ignitor for Midget 1500

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor for Midget 1500
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:41:01 -0400
Kelvin Dodd wrote:
> It's very difficult getting information out of Pertronix, that
> is why Moss does not have much cataloged yet.
>         However they are now stocking;

  Great. Thanks for the info.

  One addendum though to your table...

> MOSS #          DIST.  CYL.    Typ. Appl.
> 222-425  LU141  45DE4  4 cyl  76-80 B, Mid, Spit,TR7 Opus (lump on side)
> 222-435  LU143  45D4   4 cyl  75 B, Mid (Red DSB108 point set)

  The match of moss numbers to distributors seems great, but
I don't know if the years match the cars for the Midget. My Midget
is a 75, and came with a 45DE4 and I used 222-425 successfully.

  Might be a market to market change, as I know the 45D4 was
used on these cars for some years. But I beleive my 45DE4 to
be original, and although I've never really tried to prove or
disprove nothing in my workshop or Haynes manual has ever
really said otherwise.

  I guess my comment is basically that to buy one of these, order
the one that suits your distributor for sure, more importantly
than matching your car model and year, because the latter is
either flexible or not always correctly listed.

  Thanks again.

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /