Re: DASH TOPPING

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DASH TOPPING
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 10:41:52 -0700
Ok, I give.  The salad comment was too much.  My boss is going to get
mad if he sees me rolling around laughing too often.

        Both my 65 MGBs had a black vinyl film between the dash and the
windshield, the same material as used on the later cars. I asked our
upholstery expert what it was called, he suggested "black vinyl film",
so much for experts!  The stuff is vinyl without the cotton backing.  I
tried running without it on my race car and have real problems with
reflection in the screen as per Larry.  For my street car I bought
regular vinyl from a cloth store.  So far it has held up to 7 years of
California sun and condensation.