FW: Selling MG's in London - loooong

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Selling MG's in London - loooong
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:48:41 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[deniset@ranplc.co.uk]]

     Date: Thu, 03 Apr 97 13:58:03 +0100
     From: deniset@ranplc.co.uk
     Subject: Selling MG's in London - loooong

Hello again!

It's hard to believe that I've been in London less than two months.  My life
has been so full lately...full of finding a place to live, finding groceries
that I recognise, finding places where I can get the basic necessities of life
and are open when I'm not working without duplicating anything I already own
and will be bringing over one of these days...  Which brings me to my cars.
I can't bring over my stuff until I sell my cars to people here because the
cars and stuff are coming in the same container.  Which is where you come in.

Anyone in England or Europe want to buy two '67 B's and two MG 1100's or any
subset thereof?  Here's the scoop on the cars:

One is a very late '67 B with reverse lights.  It's so late that it has a '68,
tube-type rearend and a master cylinder cover with the tapped boss for the
pushbutton brake light switch, although it has the '67 hydraulic brake light
switch.

This is the car I once described as the "nightmare B" because it needed
everything, but it's not a nightmare anymore because I've replaced everything.
It has a freshly rebuilt 18GH engine (not the right engine, but I'm told that
the '68-'69 short blocks are the strongest and certainly better than the
thrashed 18V engine that came with it) and a freshly rebuilt '67 overdrive
transmission with (yes! I swapped trannies!) a reverse light switch.  It has
an early, pre-smog head with a new rocker shaft.  The engine purrs.  It also
has a new battery, all new brakes and hydraulics, new hubs and trued wheels
with new Michelins (and a trued spare), stainless steel exhaust, new water
pump, recored radiator (four row), rebuilt generator, starter, carbs, new
windshield rubber, and everything else I can't think of.  Nothing is missing.

However, it still needs a cosmetic restoration.  The trunk floor is rusted
through, it's rusted through below the tail lights and it needs the usual
bottom of the fenders and doors repairs.  But the floors and sills are good.
It comes with a good used left front fender to replace the crunched one and
it needs an interior and chrome.  It was originally BRG and is now faded
burgundy, but heck, it needs a paint job anyway.

All this for only #2500.

The other B is also a late '67 with reverse lights and the correct late '67
overdrive transmission with a reverse light switch.  This one, however, is
completely unrestored.  It's in exactly the condition I prefer to get cars
and I'll be keeping it if no one buys it.  If I'd gotten this car first, the
green car would have been someone else's problem.  In case anyone remembers,
this is the car that was originally special-ordered black with chrome wire
wheels, but is now peeling baby blue.

The engine in it is the correct 18GB and I assume it's the original engine
because nobody bothered to put the correct year engine in these cars back
when this one last ran (I'd say the Mesozoic).  I've pulled the head off and
had it redone and the pistons are stock and the cylinders are smooth.  All
the parts are there even though they're strewn around the engine compartment
but the wiring harness ends at the firewall.  Pesky rats.

Of course, it needs a complete cosmetic restoration, but it has a good rear
bumper and overriders, I've bead blasted and painted the seat frames and
installed new seat bladders, I put a new original-style steering wheel on
it, and it comes with a good used aluminum bonnet.  It needs a trunk floor,
interior floors, fender bottoms, and it's rusted through over the rear wheel
wells, but the sills are good.  It looks like it's never been in an accident
except for being hit just hard enough in the front to bend the bonnet.

All this and spare parts for #1500.

Now for the 1100's.  What can I say about the 1100's?  They're both cute,
rust-free and all there.

The '63 has been registered and insured and driven occasionally by me for the
last ten years.  It used to be a race car and the engine is totally shot but
it comes with a spare drivetrain.  It still has the original black paint and
red upholstery.  If I got into right now and turned the key, it would fire up
and drive away.  Comes with tons of spare parts.  #300 including delivery to
some port somewhere near London.  Drive it home (after registering and
insuring it...and replacing the headlights...and installing a right-side
mirror...and getting a MOT).

The '65 was running and driveable before I parked it three years ago.  The
previous owner had the engine and trans rebuilt and then sold it to me before
the police hauled it off of his property.  With a battery and some starter
fluid, it would probably start and run now but I wouldn't trust the brakes
after all this time.  It's black and had a red interior, but the previous owner
actually paid someone to put hideous brown vinyl and carpeting in it.  It's
slightly dented in lots of places, but not badly.  Has new tires.  Comes with
more spare parts.  #300 and the same outstanding delivery deal as the other
one.

All of these cars are left-hand drive and I have pictures.  Buy now before
it's too late!

Denise
Not getting haircuts at any price lately because I haven't found a place yet.