'71 B for sale in PA

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '71 B for sale in PA
From: Mike <mikemurphy@iw1.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:24:08 -0400
I went today to see the 71B with Overdrive and "minimal rust". Not what =
I expected.

The car has been garaged since 1990.  There is absolutely no interior.  =
Both seats will need total overhaul.  The rear panels will need to be =
patched, especially around the wheel wells.  The sills and floor pans =
have been replaced, but the job looks like it was done by someone =
unfamiliar with the work.  The door gap is consistent from top to =
bottom, but the door sticks slightly when opened.  There is some rust on =
the undersides of the doors.  Lots of filler on the back and some on the =
front wings near the headlights and running lights.  He says it was hit =
by a snowplow.  The bonnet was bent in the front.

The engine was rebuilt by the owner and has less than 1000 miles on it.  =
I did not confirm that the overdrive was in fact there.  The batteries =
were dead so the car was not started.=20

The hood was in good shape except the window which had light clouding.  =
He has a hardtop for the car.

This is definitely a project car crying for a total restoration.  Since =
I am attempting to restore my midget I am passing on it.  However he =
requested that I give his name and phone number to anyone who may be =
interested.

The car is located in Orwigsburg, PA (north of Reading on PA 61).  The =
person selling the car is Wes Greenwell at 717-366-0836.  He say $800 =
cash will take it. He claims the car was his wife's daily driver, but =
the inspection sticker is dated 1990.  He says it has been garage kept.  =
He has to sell due to a heart condition.

If you are interested and want more of my impressions either e-mail me =
at mikemurphy@iw1.net or call me at 717-272-5197.

The usual disclaimers apply.  I only met this gentlemen today.

Thanks to all who responded to my question.  It really helped when I =
went to look.

Mike Murphy
'66 Midget under restoration
'778 B - hers