Re: Straightening the Steering Wheel

To: kbickel@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Straightening the Steering Wheel
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 09:39:26 EDT
Hi Kriss-
        I aaume you want the steering wheel to be straight when the car
is going straight.  It's duck soup.  Get the car on level ground and go
forward and backwards until you are satisfied that the wheels are
pointing straight ahead.  Remove the horn hub and loosen BUT NOT REMOVE
the big nut.  At this point, you need to sit in the seat and grab the
steering wheel and pull really hard.  When it pops loose, you, and your
front teeth, will be glad you left the big nut on a couple of threads.
Now loosen and remove the nut, remove the wheel and put it where it is
straight.  Tighten the nut, replace the horn, and give it a test drive.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com
Any MG V8 fans out there?  Safety FASTER!