TC axle straightening

To: british-cars-pre-war@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TC axle straightening
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 20:31:24 -0700
I am at the stage of the TC dismantlement that the front axle is removed
and disassembled. I placed it on a flat plate and noticed that it was
bowed about 1/4 inch in the center between spring mounting pads. I
called an alignment shop to see if they could straighten it, and they
can. However, they advised to do it right, to supply them with the axle
spindles, hubs and wheels mounted as their fixturing relates to king pin
angles and the CL of the wheel. They indicated that that is the only way
they can assure a correct camber which is what is really needed, not
just a cosmetic "straight" axle. Sounds reasonable to me. Of course, the
axle must be cold straightened. Any TA,B,C owners have similar
experience and work done?

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA