Re: Windshield Gasket

To: tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: Windshield Gasket
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:45:06 EDT
Yep, it'll go in there.  My recommendation would be to acquire:
        A.  Windex- pretty slick and wipes off
        B.  Busch Light-  Why?  You'll see why!!
        C.  Small scraper, or knife, ideally made of plastic.
The last time I did this, it took about a six pack and a lot of filthy
language.  If you get it too slick, it is hard to hold onto. (Ed. note:
huh??)  The trick is to get it just wet enough to handle but not too
slick to get away.  The Windex dries fairly rapidly and needs
replenishing.  Use the plastic knife or scraper (a body putty spreader
works great) and push it into the groove while holding in the other side.
 You cannot, at least in my experience, slide it from one to the other.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com