Re: MGB trunk latch

To: Mike <mikemurphy@iw1.net>
Subject: Re: MGB trunk latch
From: Dwade Clay Reinsch <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:08:13 -0500 (CDT)
Mike,

Yes, I had the same problem, but I did it to my self.  I was working on
the latch, had it apart and shut the trunk bigger than Dallas.

I took the interior cover off the back bulkhead.  Drilled two holes
(about 3/4 inch holes).  One to shine a light into and one to run a
socket with every extention I have and could borrow.  It takes a 7/16  (
I just went out and checked) and you want to loosen the two bolts which
hold the "loop" up from the bottom.  You will probably have to take the
bolts competely out.  Then the trunk will open.  I've left the two small
holes in my bulkhead.  When i put the interior panel back on, you can't
see them from inside the car and the holes don't bother when I have the
trunk open.

Good Luck,

Dwade
Longview, TX