Re: 240Z wheels --> MGB ?

To: DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: 240Z wheels --> MGB ?
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 11:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
yes,
  240Z wheels have the same bolt pattern as the B.

 One caution, though. I have heard of some 240Z wheels that have a slightly
smaller center hole and will not seat properly on the B hub.  As these are of
the aftermarket type, usually a simple machining job to open up the center to
fit the B is all that is needed.

  I'm not sure what the backset (Ie. distance from rear flange to mounting
face) is on the 240Z,but the B has a 3" backset.  Measure the wheels you
intend to purchase to make sure that they have this or slightly less. Much
more backset than 3" and clearance becomes a problem.

Hope this helps

Rick