Re: Head Gasket Blown

To: "David M. Proffitt" <D.M.Proffitt@mds.qmw.ac.uk>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Head Gasket Blown
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:24:43 -0700
Hi David:
I believe that your diagnosis is correct. I would advise that when you pull
the cyl head, that you also pull all of the head studs. check the top of
the block for flat. You might want to conseder countersinking each stud
hole, as this has a tendicy to lift. this will make it immposible to obtain
the proper torque. also, give the head gasket two or three coats of either
silver or aluminum paint, out of a spray can. this works very well, and
will prevent further head gasket leaks. I hope this will help you with your
current problem.                         Cheers::::::