Plugging AIR ports, Buying Brake fluid

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Plugging AIR ports, Buying Brake fluid
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:34:42 -0500
When I plugged the AIR ports on my 70 MGB years back, I took a different
approach.  I didn't want big honkin bolts or bent over tubes sticking out.
I tapped the small holes that the tubes passed thru for 1/4 inch bolts and
used short socket head cap screws to seal the holes.  I don't remember if I
had to drill the holes out for the tap but as long as they are .201 (no. 7
drill bit) or larger you can use a 1/4-20 course thread bolt.  If it is a
little big, it will be OK since they don't hold anything together.  The
socket head fits down inside the tapped 7/16 hole and looks real nice.
Just make sure that they aren't too long and protrude into the port.  I may
have installed longer ones and die ground them smooth on the inside to
preserved exhaust flow but I can't remember anymore.

When I buy brake fluid, I always buy the small bottles.  Brake fluid
absorbs moisture and does not keep well once the aluminum foil seal is
broken.  The big bottles may look like a better deal but, unless you are
adding brake fluid and checking the gas, it will go bad before you use it
all.   My opinion.

Regards,
Bill Eastman