Re: Northwest Car Stuff

To: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Subject: Re: Northwest Car Stuff
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:23:17 -0800
>I am planning a trip to the Seattle/Portland area during the week of August
>10-16, using my 71 GT as transportation.  Can anyone tell me if there are
>any events I should know about, or nice drives to take when I'm up in the
>great northwest?  Thanks in advance.                 Nina

There are a lot of great roads in the area... The old senic columbia gorge
highway is great. Going down into the wine country there are some fun roads
(wilsonville-newberg highway). Going over to the coast is fun, try highway
53 from 26 to nehlem bay, or if you're going from the Corvallis area try
taking a side trip up Mary's Peak. A run from Portland up to Timberline
Lodge is great.

Upcoming Portland Area Events -

CGMGA = Columbia Gorge MGA Club
PIR   = Portland International Raceway

April
27     All British Autojumble, Montgomery Park

May
3      CGMGA - Tres de Mayo
3      Club T MG Covered Bridges Tour
9      CGMGA Club Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
10     St. Johns Parade
13     Club T Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
17-18  All British Field Meet, Vancouver BC
17-18  Portland Swamp Meet, PIR & Expo center

June
7      Let's Start Summer Tour
10     Club T Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
13-15  Rose Cup Races (SCCA)
22     Budweiser/GI Joe's Indy 200
TBA    CGMGA Run to the coast

July
8      Club T Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
11-13  Norm Thompson Historic Races, PIR
18-20  Western Washington All British Field Meet
21-25  GoF West, Park City UT
26-27  Columbia Gorge Rally

August
1-2    Club T MG - Rendezvous - Kah-Nee-Ta
7-8    Monte Shelton NW Classic Motor Rallye
16     CGMGA - Malibu Grand Prix
30-31  All British Field Meet, PIR

September
12     CGMGA Club Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
20     Winery Tour

October
12     CGMGA Club Meeting, Stark Street Pizza
TBA    Track Day at the Woodburn Drag Strip
TBA    Fall Garage Tour

Novemeber
14     CGMGA Club Meeting, Stark Street Pizza

December
TBA    CGMGA Christmas Banquet