RE: Clubs, old farts, and me

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Clubs, old farts, and me
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:49:17 -0700
My first car was a 1955 Hudson metropolitan. I fell, in love with all
its LBC quirks. The MGA 1500cc engine was a blast. I joined a
metropolitan club and was immediately shut out, due to only being 16 and
the fact that my car had wider than stock tires and a stereo installed.
Well excuse me, I was only 16, and loved my lbc dearly, and would in no
way harm or alter it permanently. But the guy in the club who dropped a
Hemi  into his and cut the wheel wells so he could drag race it. now
that's OK because he was in his 30's and he's been a member for years.

Sorry to stand on my soapbox but it was good therapy. Keep enjoying the
cars and don't worry about all the old stodgy people. I may even join
another car related club now that I feel I have a little more support,
besides I'm in my 30's. So now where did I but that mint 63 pull handle?
Oh, over there next to my Hemi, Hmmm?