odd midget parts...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: odd midget parts...
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:44:35 -0400
Just found this list today...greetings to all of you!

I am in the middle of restoring a '75 midget (well, at least getting it
back on the road with a little less rust and fewer spiders and ants
inside it), and keep finding parts that I hadn't noticed on either of
my previous two midgets (another 75 and a 78).  I figured one of them
to be some type of control box for the speedometer cable, but another
is this cylinder-looking thing that mounts on the driver's side wheel
arch inside the fender, near the brake housing.  It has some wires going
to it, and a metal hose containing some sort of fluid, oil or grease...i
haven't taken it apart yet.  Anybody have any idea what this is?  Didn't
see it in any of my books.  Thanks!

adrian
--
J. Adrian Barnes