David Deutsch, Where Are You?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: David Deutsch, Where Are You?
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 14:18:57 -0500
Friends:

Well, Mr. D is on his way to North Carolina, or may be there now for
aught I know.  We'd set up a meeting (tentatively) for on his way to
the show there; I'd expected his call around 10pm Thursday, so I could
arrange a hotel room for him.  By 12:00am, with no call from David
and him gone missing for all I knew, I packed it in.  My conjecture
was that he'd taken the wrong road and wound up in Anacostia, and that
would be the last we'd ever hear from him.

Friday about 6am, I get a call (several calls, actually) from him ...
he's made it, whereinhell am I? :)  Well, to shorten a long tail, we
finally got together at one of my houses, and I met him and his lovely
wife Eileen.  And his 75B, in fact ... a very nice example.  David is
everything everyone says about him ... I'll not ruin the myth. ;)  He's
an ogre, he's 10 feet tall, he's a nice fella, etc., etc.  Truthfully,
it was great meeting him, looking over some snaps of his MG adventures,
comparing cars for a few minutes, and generally shooting some MG breeze.
His car looks very, very good, and sounds great.  I set him on the road
to North Carolina, and I hope he's had a great weekend of it!

Cheers,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'