78 MGB Roadster Rear Brakes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 78 MGB Roadster Rear Brakes
From: dbavery1@juno.com (D D B)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:25:20 EDT
Well who said brakes were easy?  Replacing the leaking rear seal - the
cause of the    brake contamination - wasn't that bad.  The bearing
looks fine

Question #1:  Is there anything I should do the the bearing while I have
the bearing cap off?  And is there any sealant that goes between the
bearing cap and the axel housing?

Then came the loosening of the adjuster assm - HA! - I mean attempt.  Why
did I think the DPO had ever looked at this part since he ignored most
other maintence for years.  You guessed it rusted up tight - for many,
many years I would guess.

Yep, I just ordered new adjusters.

Question #2 -  What do I lube the new adjuster assemblies with to slow
down or keep them from rusting?

Also I guess since I'm replacing the flex hose and cylinders, it would be
a good time to put in new fluid.  This is an occasional summer car,
street driver only with lots of work to do yet.

Question #3:  What type fluid should I use?   I'm leaning toward
non-synthetic unless someone has strong reasons to switch.

As usual all help will be appreciated.