Dumb Questions - '76 Midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dumb Questions - '76 Midget
From: cfiddes@direct.ca
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 23:48:22 +0000
Hi folks. New owner of  '76 Midget with a couple of dumb questions.

1) I have a dial just above my speedometer (the dial is about 1cm
across).  It doesn't do anything.  In fact, it doesn't seem to even
be wired to anything (from a quick grope behind the dash). Is this
original equipment?  If so, what did it do when it worked?

2) What is "normal - don't go tryin' to fix anything" oil pressure
for this vehicle.  Mine is as low as 35-40 lbs at idle and as high as
60 while running.

3) What is normal mixed city/highway gas mileage for a well tuned engine?

Thanks in advance.
Chris
'76 Midget