Re: Young and old, some gasseous & BC Week

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Young and old, some gasseous & BC Week
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 07:30:42 -0400 (EDT)

<< In a message dated 97-04-29 21:43:49 EDT, Bill Eastman wrote:

 >>>Since I am still on the south side of 40 (although within spitting
 distance), I don't think that I can be classified as an old fart.  However,
 I am also definately not a youngster, either.  As others have said, people
 come in all differant shades of freindliness.  It has been my experience
 that LBC people tend towards the freindlier side, however.<<<

 Yep, I can relate, just turned 40.

 << If I look back, I first developed a passion for cars in grade school.
 The
  cars I want now are the ones that I wanted then.  How can the younger
  generation develop a passion for LBC's if they never see them?  You see, it
  is almost a public service to drive your cars!  If you don't, this
  generation will grow up wanting Cor**ttes and Po**ches.  It's up to us! >>

  I took my MGA out last Saturday and people in general were waving and
making comments like "nice car".  I think this speaks for most LBC's, todays
kids (from my experience) seem to really like these old cars.  This is part
of British Car Week (May 12 to 18) is all about, getting them out on the
roads and showing them to the people who do not normally see them.

 Scott