Re: Carpets for MGB

To: rwhitney@flash.net
Subject: Re: Carpets for MGB
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 18:58:03 EDT
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:09:21 -0700 Rick Whitney <rwhitney@flash.net>
writes:
>Any one have any knowledge of how well the delux carpet sets from
>Special
>Interest Auto Parts wear?
>I just purchased a set for my '80 LE and the material seems cheap.
>
>Rick Whitney
>'80 MGB LE

I havnt used one of theirs but having tried most of them its an
indisputable fact that the word "deluxe" in automotive terms is a synonym
for "crappy"
It depends what you want but whilst the thinner cutpile versions initally
look better .
IMHO the loop pile carpets are far superior to any of the cutpile ones
when it comes to wear and of course there is no truer addage than "you
get what you pay for" In the long run, buy the best (UK MGOC catalogue)

mike robson
69 roadster(loop)
70 BGT (loop)
72 roadster(cutpile and wearing fast)