Re: Land Rovers

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Subject: Re: Land Rovers
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 23:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Thomas Pokrefke!!!

On Fri, 2 May 1997 thomas_pokrefke@juno.com wrote:

> Does anybody know anything about the old Land Rovers?  I found one for
> pocket change, but it has a locked up diesel engine.  Any comments?

Landrover - 1,000 lb diesel + 700 lb gmc gas 350 = 300 lb less + bliss

I read an article in a 4 by mag about swapping in a gmc v8 into a Toyota
LandCruiser, and it ended up better all round - more useable power, less
gas and oil consumption, far less weight.  A big plus is that you can
get a core block dirt cheap ($25??) and use it to make your motor
mounts, etc.  Your Land Rover would make a great project, and there
might even be a kit available for the swap.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen