Miscellania

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Miscellania
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 18:27:33 EDT
I did a lot of "tearing down" over the weekend and this coupled with one
or two problems promotes the following questions.

1)I have only ever removed metal dashboards in the past which are
relatively easy, this weekend i was trying to remove the dash of my 73
parts car as an exercise prior to tackling the 69. the problem is that
whilst i got to a couple of nuts through the glove box, the nuts behind
the instruments are totally inaccessable. bearing in mind that the 69 has
no glove box I guess they are ALL inaccessable. I checked all my books
and the VB and Moss catalogues - there are no clues..... I know some of
you have done it....How?
Furthermore, should the intruments come out first? I was hoping to keep
them all in place so i can label the wires

2)I have lost one of the most important bits of paper i have erver owned
and now im confused.....(also slightly embarassed since this aint the
first time this has happened.)
A) 70BGT LH turn signal on constantly - shows at front, not at back -
which ground is it? and is it the flasher unit in the centre console or
the other one?
B) 72B RH turn signal working "sometimes" - shows everywhere....

3)Side marker lights - Is there a way to remove the locating bolts
without drilling them out? - The parts car has some nice chrome but the
bolts twisted off midway on removal

4)BGT headliner removal - Ive seen postings on this but never done it -
Assume tailgate and associated bits removed - how does it come out?
(again, the parts car has an excellent one - shame to waste it

5)Centre air vent - external - ok. while im asking "beginner
questions"(sense the frustration yet? - is it funny yet?) heres another
one that ive never had to do - i want to install a mesh under the chrome
vent - how the hell do you get the clips on with the mesh
there.....theyre bloody hard without it!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster