Electronic ignition info.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electronic ignition info.
From: Michael Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 17:00:17 -0700
Hello, I'm new to the list, and I need some crucial information.  I have
a 1974 MGB, and I'm replacing the distributor with a 45D4 Lucas
distributor that is equipped with an aftermarket Allison electronic
igniton system.  I found the unit in a junked car, and have no
instructions on installation.  My only problem is this: Three wires come
from the igniton box, one black, one red, and one purple.  Where do I
connect these wires to?  I'm pretty sure about the black (-) and red (+),
but what about the purple?  I'd greatly appreciate any help that could be
offered.

Mike Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College
Elementary Education Major, English Minor,
Class of 1999
R.A. of Winston-Salem Dormitory

"If you want to be happy for a few hours, get drunk.  If you want to be
happy for a few years, get married.  If you want to be happy forever, get
an MGB."