MGF foglamp

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGF foglamp
From: jochmann@amis.de (Sven Jochmann)
Date: Wed, 7 May 97 07:57:05 +0200
Hi everybody,

a few days ago I crashed with my MGF into a VW Polo. It was my damn fault.
Luckely nobody was injured and the damage was moderate (almost nothing at
the Polo, the MGF "fits" perfectly under its rear bumper).
Now I got my car back from the garage but they told me, they cannot reinstall
the old front fog lamps again. To install the fog lights you have to cut
two holes into the front bumper. Once you placed the fog lamps into these
holes the gasket ring around the lamps is steadily joined with the bumper.
This is true, but I can't believe that Rover does not deliver this gasket
rings as a spare part and you always have to buy a complete new set of fog
lamps. They were not damaged at all. Does anybody know something about that ?
Regards,
                      '97 MGF