Re: Fwd: 67 MGB (FS)

To: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Subject: Re: Fwd: 67 MGB (FS)
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 05:08:32 -0500
At 08:11 PM 5/6/97 -0500, David Deutsch wrote:

That does it!!

I accidentally located a 1968 MGB (chrome bumper). A friend of mine (a
mailman) told me of the car. I drove by and saw the chrome bumper under the
REAL tarp...no plastic stuff.

I looked up the name and phone number of the owner on the net...using the
address. (Scary, eh?) I left a message on a machine.

Two months later...I receive a phone call. He is interested in selling the
car. Can I afford it? Do I want it? (I really want an MGA)

He is the original owner. Ordered the car and had it shipped from England
to his station. He is an engineer and has maintained the car himself. I'm
scared to death to go look at it because I know I'll want it.

According to the owner, there is no rust. The car runs fine. The interior
is in good shape. He's kept it up all this time. And he sounds like a
genuine nice, honest person.

He sold the car to a guy for $2,500 a couple of months ago. The guy decided
he didn't want the car after all, and the owner returned the guy's money.
In the meantime, the buyer had ruined the top, and did some other damage.
Would YOU have done that? I wouldn't.

Anyway...what would your do? If the car is in decent to good condition,
would it be worth $2500 for an original-owner car???

What a dilemma....and a trip on the near horizon!!

Carol