Re: misc. catch up C/Stuff

To: Howard Young <HYOUNG@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: misc. catch up C/Stuff
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 14:07:16 -0500
Howard Young wrote:

> Bob, who rebuilt your C H2O pump? how much bucks? also my '69 C/GT
> came with a yellow metal fan w/ about 8 blades on it .....to lazy 2 go
> look......yours came w/ a plastic 1? seen lots o' C's but never 1 with a
> plastic fan..
>
>        HoYo

Howard;

Last things first, it is my perspective that Vicky British is great.
That perspective is based on the SO working within a 1/2 mile of the
place (yeah Kansas City!). They list two fans for the MGC: 6 blade
plastic and 8 blade steel. Mine was/is definately the $43.95 (#10-029)
plastic one. My friend has the steel $76.95 (#10-255) one on his car. I
haven't seen that many 'C's but mine is the only plastic-fanned one I
found. I like the plastic fan in that the metal ones are much noisier
(and, assuming, use more power).

The plastic fan attaches with three, widely spaced, bolts which
precludes the use of aftermarket Gensu-blade fans -- they have a
universal, 4-hole mounting system. The VB illustration on page 99 is of
the plastic-blade fan (lower right, '97 spring).

Before the uninformed recommend electric fans -- there is no room: zero
clearence in front and 2.5 inches between the radiator and water pump
shaft. I looked at that real carefully on this go around.

The H20 rebuilders were MO-KAN Automotive Electric, 565 S. 4th, Kansas
City, KS 66119. 913-281-5492. They charged me $52 and it was ready in 24
hours. A lot of club people use this outfit for old/weird pumps. They
also rebuild starters and alternators but there are other places in
town, also, for that. A new pump from VB for a 'C' is $186.95.

I'm not sure if MO-KAN is geared for mail-order but you might give them
a try.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

PS: Be careful, Interceptors will make your nose tilt upwards just
before they kill you!