Turning the Corner

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turning the Corner
From: Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 10:26:15 -0500
Hooray!

After six long months of taking various body and trim parts off my '76 'B,
I'm finally PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER!

It's been painted "Chartruese" (actually Bee Ell's name for light yellow-
real chartruese was called "Citron"- go figure) and it's a lovely color.
Will reinsert the guts in the doors and align the same with the new
windshield, yet to be installed (ugh!).

Install enough lights to be street legal and drive it to Pierre Fontana's
place (LBC professor of great renown -check your NAMGBR recommended garage
list) to have a pair of SU HS4's installed in place of the downdraft Weber
and do some overdue brake work. Then back to my own garage for interior
installation. Gotta get rid of the cheesy blue velour the DPO's put in.
Finish installation of the remaining lights, chrome, etc. and then it's
gonna be a great summer!

'79 model daughter thinks it's too small... "where would my friends ride?"
'82 model daughter thinks it's the perfect beach machine... "dad, it's time
to take me to get my learner's permit "(sob!). '84 model son thinks the
front rubber bumper looks like Darth Vader... "aw man, you should have
painted it black." Late '50's wife ( that's 1950's ) hopes that Lucas bugs
don't jump off the 'B and onto her Japanese sedan... give me a break.

Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But it's perfect for me and it's one more
MG that avoided becoming razor blades.

Thanks for reading this ramble. I know a lot of you out there have already
experienced this sort of euphoria.

Rodney McDonald
Spanish Fort, Alabama