Re: worn camshaft?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: worn camshaft?
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 12:21:03 -0700
Scott:
        Best set up to check the cam is a dial indicator and a magnetic
mount.  These are now available really cheaply through places like
Harbor Freight Salvage.  The Chinese manuf. units work well enough for
home use and are within reach of the home mechanic.  Once you have one
you can do all kinds of other cool stuff that you see in the workshop
manual.

        On the Union Jack thread.  My first "race car"  was a
Austin/Morris Marina rally car that I painted the bonnet with a Union
Jack.  Only claims to fame, I too lasted longer than John Buffum.  I
crashed two miles past the point that his Audi broke.  And Satch Carlson
rode in my car to get Heinekins after the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.  His
comment "it really is slow isn't it!)

Kelvin.