Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #649 Fri May 9 11:46:56 MDT 1997

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #649 Fri May 9 11:46:56 MDT 1997
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 02:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Scott Gardner!!

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Scott Gardner wrote:

> CD player, and some component speakers in the kick-panels.  What is
> it about these cars that we'll do without tunes, AC, a decent heater,
> or just about any other creature comforts?

Yes, I've often wondered about that myself; I'll admit it, I'm hooked!

There may be a hint in the info that Mazda built a transmission
simulator to achieve the same "feel" as the Brit gearboxes, made up a
sample, and then tested it through some hundreds of thousands of shifts
to keep the feel correct as it wore; then bulletproofed the design so it
wouldn't wear out.  I LIKE the "B" transmission gearshift feel, and I
didn't like my '68 427 'Vette's tranny, even though it never failed me.

When you think of it, it's crazy...  What rational creature would buy
something that gave you the choice of either seeing ahead, or having
warm toes, but NOT both??  Especially when there's lots of vehicles that
can take care of both requirements at the same time.

Has anyone tried/bought the new heater fan impeller for the "B"?  I
hesitate not because of the price, but because I don't want to buy
something that just doesn't deliver as promised.

TTUL8r, kirk Cowen