GT Leaf Springs on a ' 64 roadster

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT Leaf Springs on a ' 64 roadster
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 14:09:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

Thanks to the guys who answered my question on the thermostat elbow stud I
snapped off.  The old one came out like someone had used anti-seize on it.
 Turned into a 5 minute job.  Isn't it great when the occasional repair takes
much less time than anticipated ?

Question re: GT leafs (7) I installed in the B a couple of weeks ago. The car
is riding quite a bit higher in the rear now...maybe a couple of inches or
more.  I thought that a thread on the list sometime ago said that the car
will "settle" out eventually.  I had  2 people on the list who said that
their car never settled out.  If that is the case, should I reverse one of
the leafs and, if so, which one ?  I like the rear riding a little
lower...sure like the stiffness the 7 leafs give it along with HD Apple
rebuilt levers...

Thanks
Bruce Durgin
64 B