Intermittent starting

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intermittent starting
From: JWidell625@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 22:42:42 -0400 (EDT)
Need a little advice. I have a 77 B which has a minor electrical anomaly
(surprise).
It will turn over fine on most occasions, then intermittently will just
activate the starter relay.  I've checked the grounds, replaced the relay,
checked the ignition switch,etc.  Several weeks back, someone spoke of diodes
that may go bad. I've been doing a dianostic check through the Haynes manual
and noticed these diodes on the schematic. There're in the relay circuit.
Could these cause the intermittent starts? Also, the starter is fairly new.
Could it still have a " dead spot"