Fun at Carlilse

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fun at Carlilse
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 21:45:57 -0400
   We survived another trip south to Carlilse.  Interesting
weather there. Saturday I was wearing everything that I could
find in the trunk and still shivering.  So much for the sunny
south.  The V-8 does make more hot water for the heater
though.
    The new B performed perfectlly with only a speedo cable
failure.  Kind of a bummer when the traffic in some states
seems to flow at about 25 MPH over the legal limit and you
really don't want a ticket.  When the motor is only turning
2100 RPM at 70 it's real easy to find yourself flying.
    I want to thank Dick and Ginger of the British Parts
Connection for sharing their tent with us.  We met a bunch of
net folks and even saw the pictures of David D's new toy.  It
was nice to be able to put faces with the names that I have
corresponded with.  I didn't make the meeting under the
grandstand, but getting the digest version is the norm for
me.
    Was it me or are junk prices running high this year?
Decent sheet metal went real early and high priced.  I
personally examined most of the B and C parts and the
bargains existed but you had to negotiate long and hard.
    As my pal Bob sez "nothing like a day at the outdoor
store".

Jack Emery
67 B V-8