Re: Carlisle Trip

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carlisle Trip
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 00:57:03 EDT
Well, I suppose i should have been faster - looks like most of the
weekend has been covered -  nonetheless, it was a great time. On the trip
down in convoy with the "Deutsch gang" I was sorely regretting taking a
jeep instead of a proper car but my shopping list was substantial (and
since the booty seemed to fill the jeep on the way back, i guess i made
the right choice)
Being the sole American car in the train, i naturally assumed the caboose
position however if any of you have ever tried to keep up with a convoy
led mostly by Deutsch or Pender you will know that a certain finesse is
required !!
Accolades to Jim B who proved not only that a 3main can keep up but also
that he can suck-start a harley (at least I think thats what he was
proving......)
We were treated on Friday night by what i believe was the mayor of
Carlisle - A corpulent gentleman came to our hotel and carted off about
ten of us in a bus to a place called Rods Road House (really) where he
than found us tables, sent us a waitress and then proceeded to dance with
every woman in the place (I wont say it Ian - I wont  - I wont!) The
evening was pure hilarity - a special mention to Ian and Robin for the
bottomless pit of jokes you wouldnt tell grandma and for the play by play
on the line dancing that the mayor and his herd (oops-said it!) embarked
upon.
My sides ached from laughing.....
Saturday was bloody cold but there was plenty to do - thanks to Dave
Houser for arranging the meeting of online members and making the badges,
it was great to meet you all face to face though i have to agree it wasnt
a case of "a whack with the ugly stick" more "marinated in the ugly
pond"! (joking lads, i dont want it to be ME  in the middle next year!)
Saturdays dinner was at that bloody place i cant remember the name of
that sells about a thousand different beers.It ought to be unnatural to
laugh that much two nights in a row but im glad it was proven otherwise!
I got pretty much everything i went for (except a magic wand to rebuild
my 72 engine overnight) and of course now wish id picked up a couple more
bags of sandpaper/rags/brushes etc which were all cheaper than ill pay
shortly....
Best weekend ive had in a very long time

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster