British-car week / a day's review

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British-car week / a day's review
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:02:49 -0500 (CDT)
As most know, I live on Long Island in New York. I had to go into
Manhattan this morning and on the way in saw a Midget on a service lift
outside a repair shop along L.I. Expressway in Queens. As I approuched
the tolls for the Midtown Tunnel I saw a TR7 and a MGB on the left in a
service station's parking area. I stopped in on the return trip and
spoke with the owner and dropped off some flyers for Long Island
Center's upcoming June 1st "The British are Coming!!" show. Well once
he hear MG Car Club a big smile came across his face and shortly there
after I was listening to engines that he asked for my diagonise on.
Back on the road again I spyed another top down chrome bumper MGB in a
parking lot just west of Willis Ave on LIE service road. Got home,
washed the car and went out for a short drive but saw no others. Safety
Fast, David Deutsch