Pig in Shit - Overdrive

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pig in Shit - Overdrive
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:53:38 -0400
Yeeehawww!

Just took my B out for it's first spin with the newly installed
overdrive tranny.  At 11:49 EDT, as Commander Cody said, I shifted on
down into overdrive!  I am happier than the above referenced farm
animal!  You just can't be 100% certain that the sucker works until you
flip the switch, and I had some sweaty palms (despite the @#$^&*^( 52°
temps - is it May 15 or March 15?) but with little fanfare, it engaged
exactly as advertised.

I still have a bit of work ahead - timing is off, forward exhaust
bracket needs to be modified, etc., but what the hell - when doesn't
this car need something.

BTW - The new tranny has a very stiff shift linkage.  It had been
sitting for a year or so unused B4 I bought it.  Anyone know if this
will lossen up - or should I just learn to appreciate the new feel?

Best Regards,

Chris Delling