Re: Dizzy Distributor

To: wpruitt@charleston.net
Subject: Re: Dizzy Distributor
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 01:10:31 EDT
Well let me take a stab at this.

Here's what I would do.  Make sure the #1 piston is at top dead center.
You may have to remove the plugs and the valve cover.  Make sure the #1
valves are closed and #1 piston is at the top of its stroke, mark the
vibration dampener.  Now check the distributor, the rotor should be
pointing to the #1 cylinder (about the 2 o'clock position).  Install the
plug wires:

#1 goes to the 2 o'clock position on the dizzy,
#2 goes to the 4 o'clock position,
#3 goes to the 10 o'clock position,
#4 goes to the 7 o'clock position.

Now static time it.